The Hungry Spirit Centre For Semi-Arid Regeneration is the tangible, touchable, physical face of what is essentially, a school for spirited and socially motivated entrepreneurs.
Founded by Rebel Black and Michael Matson, this 2 ha block on the edge of the opalfields in Lightning Ridge was originally the home of a multi-award winning restaurant called Dig In.
Over the coming years, the space will be transformed into a place that epitomises and teaches regenerative, healing, resilient human-focused growth, entrepreneurism and community development.
At this unique, semi-arid zone site in Lightning Ridge there are BIG Plans!
By finding incredible people who want more and are willing to work with us we will grow:
- Permaculture, regeneration, healing and food security education programs and workshops
- Bush foods and organic market garden and nursery
- The Hungry Spirit Cafe and Function Centre
- Organic Wholefoods and Retail
- Renegade Roadside Farming
- An art space, with potential for artists in residence
- Retail in bush foods and value added produce
- Regular buy, swap, share and community markets
- Cultural heritage and bush tucker tours
and quite frankly…any other brilliant ideas people come to us with and present!
If you want to get involved in the most exciting entrepreneurship program EVER…give Rebel a call 02 5866 1180!